This crusty, cheesy bread is the perfect side dish. Add garlic or other flavor profiles to make just to your liking.
So imagine that you have a newborn at the house and three other kids to feed. You can’t take that newborn to the store or really anywhere else because he’s at high risk to get sick. So you’re basically stuck at home until the hubs gets here. You need to make something for dinner that is quick and easy because that dang baby is hooked up to an oxygen converter that is too heavy to lug around. Guys, this is my life aka not a fun life. I need convenience more than ever lately because I need to monitor a baby, help three kids stay on track and not go crazy in the process. I admit I’ve already had a few breakdowns but so far I’ve handled it pretty well.
My kids are eaters and we’re always looking for new things to feed the family so when I came across this similar recipe, I wanted to change it up to be more of our family’s style.
How to make Bread Stuffed with Cheese and Onions
Start by cutting your bread into 1″ chunks and melt one cube of butter. Line your baking pan with some extra foil so that you can fold it up over the sides of the bread. Pour the butter over the top of the bread and place into a 350* oven for 10-15 min. Next, take your cheeses and mix them in with 2 green onions and mix until it is a paste-like texture. You’ll then remove your bread from the oven and add the mixture into the crevices of the bread, be sure not to miss a spot.
How to stuff bread with the cheese mixture
Cover with foil and place back into the oven for another 15-20 min. Serve along side your favorite meal.
A Crispy, Cheesy Bread Bake Recipe
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- 1 stick melted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 4 oz mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
- Cover your sheet pan with 2 layers of foil, overlapping each other and preheat your oven to 350*
- Cut your bread into 1″ sections and not all the way through
- Wrap up the base of your bread in the foil and pour the melted butter into all the grooves
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 min, until crispy
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of your cheeses and onion
- Remove the bread from the oven a put the mixture into the crevices of the bread. Be sure to get in each one and cover with foil
- Bake for an additional 15-20 min until melted and gooey
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- FREE Halloween SVG File – Feed Me Candy & Call Me Boo! - September 3, 2019
- The Coolest Spider-Man Car Seat Ever! - August 25, 2019
- DIY Dragon Shirt to Bring Out Your Inner Roar - August 6, 2019