These rainbow cupcakes were such a dream to make and they look so fun with the color variations on the inside. Your kids will be going crazy for these delicious rainbow cupcakes and asking for more gold once they’ve eaten them all gone. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Rainbow cupcakes are such a fun addition to any party or any part of your day. Celebrate sunshine with these easy to make rainbow cupcakes.
What I used is the Duff Goldman Tie Dye mix and just mixed it according to package directions. I separated the batter into 6 different cups and added the included color drops as directed to the cups. I used my 1 Tbsp. scoop and added them into the cupcake wrapper in the order of the rainbow .I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and baked them for 20 minutes or until you press down in the middle and they bounce back up. Allow them to cool completely and then ice them with some of my secret weapons, bakery bought cream cheese icing!
I topped them off with some gold coins from the dollar store but you could even get more fancy and use the gold coin chocolate. That’ll send you into more of a sugar high! This recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day party food or even a Rainbow themed kids party. I know it’s technically a tie-dye mix but change it up and add a little sunshine to your life.
End of the Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 box Rainbow Cake Mix
- 2 cups prepared Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package gold coins
- 1 package gold cupcake liners
- Make the cupcakes according to the package instructions. Scoop out a tablespoon at a time into each cupcake liner. Try and keep the colors as smooth of a transition as possible and try not to let the colors bleed into one another.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
- Use a large, round tip and a piping bag to get a smooth finish on your buttercream.
- Top with gold coins and maybe gold sprinkles!
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- FREE Halloween SVG File – Feed Me Candy & Call Me Boo! - September 3, 2019
- The Coolest Spider-Man Car Seat Ever! - August 25, 2019
- DIY Dragon Shirt to Bring Out Your Inner Roar - August 6, 2019