These rainbow cupcakes were such a dream to make and they look so fun with the color variations on the inside. Your kids will be going crazy for these delicious rainbow cupcakes and asking for more gold once they've eaten them all gone.
Rainbow cupcakes are such a fun addition to any party or any part of your day. Celebrate the sunshine with these easy to make rainbow cupcakes.
Rainbow Cupcake Supplies
What I used is the Duff Goldman Tie Dye mix and just mixed it according to package directions. I separated the batter into 6 different cups and added the included color drops as directed to the cups.
You can easily use a white cake mix and some gel food coloring to create the 6 colors. I like the vibrancy that Duff's cake gave me because I feel like sometimes when you add coloring to cakes, it gets too brown on the outside and turns bitter. These did not do that.
Use your 1 Tbsp. scoop and add them into the cupcake wrapper in the order of the rainbow. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and baked them for 20 minutes or until you press down in the middle and they bounce back up.
Allow them to cool completely and then ice them with some of my secret weapons, the bakery bought cream cheese icing! I just head to my local cake bakery or my grocery store bakery and buy the frosting for around $5 for a pint or so. I'd spend that much on ingredients anyways and maybe use a small amount. If you're having a big St. Patrick's Day party then I'd just buy the items and make it myself. Nothing beats convenience though!
I topped them off with some gold coins from the dollar store but you could even get fancier and use the gold coin chocolate. I like to wash my coins really well and make sure that they're completely rinsed of any soap. If you have a small basket in your dishwasher then throw them in there and they'll be perfect.
This recipe is perfect for St. Patrick's Day party food or even a Rainbow themed kids party. I know it's technically a tie-dye mix but change it up and add a little sunshine to your life.
End of the Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 box Rainbow Cake Mix
- 2 cups prepared Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package gold coins
- 1 package gold cupcake liners
- Make the cupcakes according to the package instructions. Scoop out a tablespoon at a time into each cupcake liner. Try and keep the colors as smooth of a transition as possible and try not to let the colors bleed into one another.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
- Use a large, round tip and a piping bag to get a smooth finish on your buttercream.
- Top with gold coins and maybe gold sprinkles!
Other Fun St Patricks Day Ideas
- Free Taco SVG Files | Single, Taken, In Love With Tacos - June 1, 2021
- Free Ocean SVG Files – I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly - May 4, 2021
- How To Use The Cricut Mug Press – FREE SVG Files - April 13, 2021