Homemade creamsicles are a staple in our house. Use some tart tangerine juice to get that perfect creamsicle flavor. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
My very favorite popsicle growing up was a creamsicle. With the tart orange flavor paired with the smooth vanilla custard, it was heaven for me while I sat on my porch in Beaverton, Oregon. But now I can make my very own homemade creamsicles! It was so easy and they're delicious.
- half & half
- heavy cream
- tangerine juice (I bought mine at Trader Joe's but you can use Natalie's) *they make TJ's juice, FYI)
- popsicle mold
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 2 teas granulated sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a spouted bowl. Pour into popsicle molds and add the sticks.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours until set. Run the mold until warm water to help release the creamsicle. Enjoy.
Nothing makes me enjoy summer more than telling my kids to grab a popsicle and go outside to enjoy the sun. I know what is exactly in these homemade creamsicles and I feel good about giving them to my kids.
I don't go super crazy because of the high cream content but these are something that they can enjoy because it's something that they put the effort in to and now they're enjoying the fruits. Tell me, what is the food item that takes your back to your childhood? These homemade creamsicles are right up my alley and take me back to Portland every time. Enjoy!
- DIY Baby Onesie – Needy AF - July 7, 2020
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020
- Make an Indoor Vinyl Flower Garden for your Playroom - May 26, 2020