The Instant Pot is a staple in our home. It saves us money on cooking tough cuts of meat but also saves us time by making simple dishes. Learn how easy it is to make this
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe. This post does contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
The Instant Pot is so incredible. The most important thing to remember is that once you close the lid, it's not going to immediately take 4-10 minutes depending on what you're cooking. You need to allow your Instant Pot to come to temperature and then add the cooking time. It usually takes about 10 additional minutes to have it come to temperature. I try to add warm water and have my ingredients the warmest they can be to cut down on that. For this Instant Pot Spaghetti, I kept the sauté function on to warm my pre-cooked beef and kept it on as I placed the other ingredients in and placed the lid on top. This just helped things warm a little faster. If you want to brown the ground beef in the pot beforehand, turn the sauté function on and place it on high. Mine was pre-cooked so I just allowed it to warm on the high temperature and then I added the dry pasta. I broke the Spaghetti in half so it'd fit easier in the pan and allow me to stir it before I placed the lid on. Next, add your sauce and one cup of hot water. Stir it to ensure everything is coated and the noodles are separated. If you don't coat everything, the noodles will stick and you'll have uncooked pasta. Now place the lid on and lock. I set my Instant Pot to manual pressure and high heat. The cooking time I chose was 6 minutes. If the pasta is a thicker noodle, add a minute or two. Be sure that your pressure gauge is set to close and wait for the Instant Pot Spaghetti to come to pressure. It'll hiss and steam for a minute or two while it's gaining pressure but if you have a bit of steam coming from the side of your lid, the sealing ring is not put on properly and your dish will not cook. The silver pressure gauge will come to the top when the Instant Pot has come to pressure. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 package spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- Use the saute function on your Instant Pot and saute the onions and ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Break your spaghetti noodles in half and add them to the ground beef mixture.
- Pour in your sauce and the water and cover your Instant Pot.
- Set your timer for 6 minutes and then do a quick release of your steam.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Hey, Let's Chat!