This mushroom stroganoff recipe is the perfect meal to give to those in need. Make it a meat-free dish and the perfect meal for those who are suffering from Breast Cancer. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you to World Market for sponsoring this post.
All opinions are my own.
Have you ever in your life felt so hopeless? Have you ever wanted to take away pain from someone who was suffering? I have and I never want to experience that again in my life. I've learned throughout the years that when someone is struggling or is dealing with an illness, the best thing we can offer is our company and friendship. Whether that comes through a meal, or cleaning, or just listening – everyone needs that sense of feeling they are human. I know for my husband's culture, ways to comfort are through food. I'm going to show you this simple cancer-friendly Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe using the most delicious egg pasta you've ever had and one that you can take to others and share the love. First what you want to do is reconstitute the Mushroom Bistro Blend in some hot beef stock. Stroganoff has a delicious, deep beef flavor but I wanted to create the texture and taste without the red meat so that we can cut out that probability of developing cancer from it. The pasta dish is full of flavor and feel free to add additional spices that fit your taste-buds. I boiled the Egg Pasta for 8-minutes so that I could achieve that perfect al-dente feel against the chew of the Bistro Mushroom Blend. Next, you'll slice your medium onion and place that into a 10-inch saute pan with 2 tbsp. of butter. Drain your mushrooms but keep the stock for later. Add the mushrooms to your onions and cook for an additional 10-minutes.In a separate bowl, place 1/2 cup stock with your flour, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and add that to your mushroom mixture. Allow the flour to cook out and then add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the reserved stock and boil the mix for an additional 1-minute. Take your pan off the heat and add your sour cream and stir. Taste and season it with your favorite spices however you'd like. Plate your noodles and add the Mushroom Stroganoff on top and serve hot. Add some sliced green onions or parsley for color.
The main reason why I make this meal to serve others who are sick is that I know some strong women who have dealt with too much in their life and they've lived to tell their story about how they survived. Not everyone in that situation is as lucky as they were but it does take some diligence on our part. My grandmother and aunt are both survivors of breast cancer and they're survivors because they did mammograms early and before they felt any lumps.
Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 package Grand Mere Egg Pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 jar World Market Bistro Mushroom Blend
- 32 oz Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Heat up your beef stock in a quart saucepan and pour over your rinsed mushrooms. Allow the mushrooms to reconstitute for 15 minutes.
- Boil your Grand Mere Egg Pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Slice your onion and add it to a 10-inch skillet. Drain your mushrooms and set aside the broth. Add your reconstituted mushrooms to your onions and cook for an additional 10 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup beef stock and the flour. Stir until it is combined and then add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Once onions are translucent, add in your flour and stock mixture and cook for an additional 1 minute. Gradually add in 1/2 cup of the stock you set aside to make the mixture loose.
- Remove your pan from the heat and add in your sour cream. Stir to combine and taste. Make any desired seasonings now. If the sauce is still too thick, go ahead and add more stock. It should be the consistency of whipping cream.
Shop This Post
- Grand Mere Egg Pasta
- Mushroom Bistro Blend
- Large White Textured Stoneware Bowl
- Sawyer Flatware Collection
- Gray and Natural Block Apron
- Gray and Natural Thin Stripe Kitchen Towel
- Mango Wood Salt Cellar
- Olivewood Serving Spoon
To shop at your nearest World Market, find it here or shop online here. I love shopping at my local World Market located in the Station Park shopping center in Farmington, Utah. Don't forget to grab your jewelry either because 10% of proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society. Shop jewelry here.
- Funny Free Cabin Printable Artwork – Lloyd Christmas Quote - July 9, 2020
- DIY Baby Onesie – Needy AF - July 7, 2020
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020