This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
I am programmed to be high stressed. I don't know what it is but I can't take it easy and it's not an automatic thing for me and my family suffers. I've learned throughout the years to travel near and far with certain essentials (for me) that make my life a little easier and I wanted to share with you these 5 tricks on how I make travel less stressful for me.
- A Brush – Yes. Brushing your hair is something you probably shouldn't have left the house without doing but with three kids of my own, it doesn't get done no matter how many times I've asked…yelled, really. Usually the detangling ones are the best and sometimes the more money you spend, it isn't always the better.
- Lipstick and Mascara – again, things you shouldn't have left the house without doing but I find myself doing it all the time. With my ginger hair, my eyelashes are non-existent and really making myself look just a little bit put together, I feel a little better.
- A change of clothing for everyone – I am not the best example of this but I have many times found myself either wishing or stopping at an actual store buying clothing or underwear. I'd suggest just an overnight bag in the back or trunk with also a plastic bag of sorts to keep the soiled laundry in while it's waiting to be cleaned. If it's something that it pretty repulsive (mom's ;))…toss it. Your dignity is worth more than a $1 saved.
- Cash – I've talked before about how my husband can be a bit of a stickler and sometimes I do appreciate it. I have my sneaky ways of spending money but cash has really become an essential way to learn how to manage money for me. You are more conscious when you are spending cash rather than using a card. You can actually see your funds dwindling away. If you are going to use a card, I would most definitely recommend you take your check register with you so that you can balance your account to also see those dollars dwindling.
- Chocolate – Last but most definitely not least is some chocolate. I'm not talking any old stuff though…the good stuff, SNICKERS® Almond. Have you found that you'll buy the less expensive chocolate thinking it'll satisfy your cravings and it never does. It all goes hand in hand with giving in to your indulgences. SNICKERS® is my chocolate indulgence and I love their new campaign slogans, “You're not you when you're hungry”. I most definitely get the most peace when I can find a moment away to myself and relaxing and pretty much chocolate is that sense of relief for me. I usually always grab them from Walmart because I can get the best price there, too.
I know for myself, motherhood has been a learning experience and I have to take it day by day. In life, nobody is perfect and I hope that no one makes you feel that you have to compare your weaknesses to their strengths. The world of the internet can make you feel like you don't have it together but if you take it one day at a time, things all work out.
Also regarding SNICKERS®, they are having an awesome contest where you can submit a photo or a .gif about how you're not yourself – I told you this campaign is awesome! See the details below cause I know I'll be doing it myself cause I think it's so fun and they are always some of my favorite commercials. You can also get delish SNICKERS® recipes on the SNICKERS® Social Hub
- Enter the SNICKERS® “Who are you when you're hungry?” contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.