This Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert to take to a potluck or just to enjoy all to your lonesome self 😉This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
For the holidays I like to have fun and festive flavors. Cherries are always big in the fall and winter months so I decided to make a Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake and complement it with some Cherry Cream Cheese frosting. The cake is out of this world moist and this recipe will absolutely be made for future family gatherings.
Just dump all the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl except the cherries and flour. Mix it on low for 30 seconds and then crank it up to medium for two minutes until everything is combined. Chop up those Cherry Man cherries and add them into a separate bowl with the tablespoon of flour. Coating the cherries in the flour will ensure that none of your cherries stay at the top of your bundt cake. This method will give you a good variation of where your cherries will end up. Once your cake is mixed, fold in the cherries with a rubber spatula. Preheat your oven to 350° F and grease your bundt cake pan well. Pour the mixture and smooth the top so that you have an even rise. Bake for 50-60 min. until your cake bounces back to the touch or you can use the non-fail toothpick method. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then turn it onto a cooling rack and cool for at least an hour. While the cake is cooling, you can make your Cherry Cream Cheese frosting. In the pictures you'll notice there is a lot of frosting. I doubled this recipe and it was WAY too much so just stick to these measurements and you won't have too much frosting.
Put the cold cream cheese, salt and the slightly softened butter into your mixer with the whisk attachment. Cream it together for about 2 min on medium speed. Add in one cup of sugar at a time until it's mostly incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and mix for a good 3-5 minutes until everything is fluffy. Fold in the chopped cherries if you'd like those too. I used a ziplock bag and cut the tip off to do some piping, it's a mess, LOL – but it gets the job done and it actually tastes fabulous.
- 1 pkg chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 12 ounces Cherry Man maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat your oven to 350*. Mix the cake mix, water, softened butter and chocolate pudding mix together on low for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add chopped cherries and flour and stir to coat the cherries. Fold those in gently to your cake batter. Add the batter to a greased bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn it onto a cooling rack.
Maraschino Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- juice from maraschino cherry jar
- 1 tsp salt
- maraschino cherries, if desired
- Mix butter and cream cheese in bowl until combined. Slowly add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add in the juice from the cherries and add the rest of the powdered sugar and salt. Mix until it is combined and fluffy.
For more delicious recipes using CherryMan cherries, check them out here. XX
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Hey, Let's Chat!