Creating these DIY gift bags is easy as 1, 2, 3! Use your Cricut to cut the paper and add some stenciled art with DecoArt stencils and acrylic paint.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Last week I used some DecoArt Americana acrylic paint to create these super cute buffalo plaid wrapping paper and today I'm showing you how easy it is to create your own Christmas gift bags.
Supplies for your Homemade Gift Bags
- Cricut Design Space File
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore
- DecoArt Americana acrylic paint in Santa Red and Thicket
- Winterberry Wreath Stencil
- Americana Stencil Brushes
- Adhesive Tape
Cut all your gift bags out using your Cricut. You're going to want to leave the bags flat to decorate the DIY gift bags.
Using washi tape to hold your stencil down is helpful. You'll want to dip your brush in the color you want and blot off the excess. Pounce your brush until it's fairly dry to help prevent seeping. I used the small brush to go over the berry area in the opposite color of the stencil. For the red cardstock, I used the Thicket paint for the stencil first and then I went over the berries using the red. I did the same thing for the blue paper but just reversed the colors. Add some coordinating ribbon to your homemade Christmas gift bags for the final touch.
That's it. So easy and it makes such a difference in presentation. People will know that the gift is ultra special by these homemade touches. It's simple and makes all the difference in the world.
- How to Make A Christmas Story Wrapping Paper - November 25, 2020
- How to Cut Fabric with Silhouette and Make A Christmas Stocking - November 18, 2020
- How to Make DIY Clay Ornaments That Are Kid-Friendly - November 18, 2020