Create the perfect holiday Rice Krispie Treats. Shape them into trees, wreaths, stockings and even gingerbread men.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
For us, making holiday Rice Krispies treats has now become a tradition. We usually do the traditional shapes of the gingerbread man and the pine tree. I have a certain recipe ratio that I follow that makes it super easy for me to remember and I don't need to measure a thing.
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal or
- Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- stick of butter
- food coloring (if desired)
- cookie cutters
- decorating items
I begin by melting the entire bag of marshmallows with the stick of butter. I like the have them melt at the same speed so I add the together at the same time. I stir occasionally until the marshmallow starts to liquefy and then I stir it constantly. Now is when you'll want to add your food coloring.
In a separate bowl, add your box of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal or your Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal. Pour the marshmallow mixture over and mix well. I like to grease my bowl and grease my rubber spatula so I can get all the goodness.
Next, spread your mixtures into greased jelly roll pans and allow it to cool and solidify. This process took me about 10 minutes from the time I poured to the time we cut. In the Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal, I added brown food coloring and they seemed to be a lot more buttery in texture and flavor. This kind is my new favorite.
We then cut out circles, trees and gingerbread men out of our Rice Krispies mix and began to decorate. I used some colored sprinkles for the lights on the pine trees, I used red and black gel for the gingerbread men Rice Krispies. I found all the ingredients I needed for decorating in the bakery aisle at Target. Now you have the most perfect Holiday Rice Krispie treats just in time for Christmas. Or use this same recipe to make Emoji Rice Krispie Treats.
Holiday Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 cups Rice Krispie
- 1 pkg 10 oz. Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- green, red and brown gel food coloring
- Melt the entire bag of marshmallows with your stick of butter. You can do it in the microwave or the stove-top.
- Add your food coloring and stir.
- Remove from heat and add 8 cups of Rice Krispies and stir.
- Place your mixture into a 1/2 sheet pan, greased and press down with wet hands to pack in the goodness.
- Allow to harden and cut into your circle shapes.
- Decorate as desired.
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020
- Make an Indoor Vinyl Flower Garden for your Playroom - May 26, 2020
- Cricut Kids Crafts with the Cricut Joy - April 8, 2020