School is right around the corner so why not make yourself look fab with this First Day of School shirt. Grab the free SVG file below.
We are back at it with the Totally Free SVG group to offer Back to School SVG files so that you can look your best. There is everything from children to adult with these SVG files so pick which one you like best and make them using your Cricut or Silhouette Cameo.
SUPPLIES FOR YOUR BACK TO SCHOOL SHIRT
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron On Vinyl
After you’ve uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negative of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You’ll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow manufacturers instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer’s instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
Check out more free SVG’s below or be sure to check out my other school SVG for the end of the year to let people know that you’re Graduated AF.
What first day of school shirt are you going to make?
Making Back to School shirts is a lot of fun but it can be overwhelming if you have more than two kids. I like the free Back to School SVG files because it takes a lot of guesswork out of choosing that shirt would be the best for you to make.
These pre-made SVG files are perfect for when school starts because you’re already in a rush it feels like. Plus when shirts are at least $20 nowadays, buying a blank tee and personalizing it with some HTV is much more cost effective for Back to School shirts.
- Too cool for school from The Country Chic Cottage
- Keepin’ it class-y from Kingston Crafts
- I will talk to everyone from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Be Awesome Today from Pineapple Paper Co.
- Ready to Rule the School from That’s What Che Said
- Back To School? No Prob-llama from Hello Creative Family
- One Smart Cookie from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Watch out preschool/kindergarten, here I come! from Happiness is Homemade
- Bookmark and Reading Log from 100 Directions
- Prepare to be schooled from Everyday Party Magazine
- I put the cool in school from Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Back to cool from See LINDSAY
- I’m Just Here for Recess from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Most Likely to Talk in Class from The Simply Crafted Life
- No foolish wand waving… in this class from Crafting in the Rain