To celebrate Thanksgiving, grab this free fall leaf SVG file. Be sure to check out other free thanksgiving SVG files from the other blogger below.
I’ll be honest, Thanksgiving is a fun holiday but I usually dislike the decor. I go straight from Halloween decorations to Christmas because that’s what fits my aesthetic more. This modern fall leaf SVG file is perfect. You can put it on a mug like I did here or you can put it on sweatshirts, napkins, anything really.
I do, however, love modern Thanksgiving decorations with sharp edges and crisp lines. I did make this crepe paper wreath the other week and I can change the sign on it to make it more modern and fit the autumn theme that I prefer.
How do I put HTV on a ceramic mug?
You have a few options. If you have space for an industrial heat-press, that’s always going to be your best bet. You can buy a mug adapter for it so it’ll allow you to crank out a bunch without a lot of effort.
Next is the method I use. I don’t have space for an industrial heat press so I use a mini iron so that I can get all the curves of the ceramic mug. Set your mini iron on
Use continuous motion and pressure so that you don’t burn the iron-on vinyl. Remove the carrier sheet and double-check the adhesion. If you need to keep pressing, just continue the steps above. Slow and steady is the key to this way.
What kind of vinyl can I put on a cup?
I’d recommend using the 651 oracle vinyl or permanent. I would only recommend hand washing your items that you apply the permanent vinyl on to. Some people have said that the permanent vinyl is dishwasher safe. It’s up to you if you want to take that risk of it peeling off because of the heat of the dishwasher.
Handwash the item that you place your vinyl or iron-on vinyl.
Do not use removable vinyl. Removable vinyl is great for walls or on items you only want to be decorated for a season and then reuse the cup.
What is the difference between 631 and 651 vinyl?
631 vinyl is a removable vinyl and 651vinyl is a permanent vinyl.
1. Rachel’s Trifle (From Friends) – The Simply Crafted Life
2. The Bird is the Word – Pattern Revolution
3. Always Eat the Pie – That’s What Che Said
4. Family, Pie, Football, Thankful – Pineapple Paper Co.
5. Thanksgiving Maternity Shirt – The Country Chic Cottage
6. Leftovers are for Quitters – Happiness is Homemade
7. Best Leg Day Ever – Everyday Party Magazine
8. Place Setting Accent – 100 Directions
9. Modern Leaf SVG – seeLINDSAY
10. Hey There Hot Stuff(ing) – Kingston Crafts
11. Friendsgiving – Hey Let’s Make Stuff
12. Gobble Til You Wobble – Happy Go Lucky
13. #Blessed – Hello Creative Family
14. Let’s Eat – Crafting in the Rain
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- Christmas Napkins using Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl - November 12, 2019
- Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving - November 11, 2019
- Christmas Paper Wreath with the Cricut Explore Air 2 - November 6, 2019