Having a giant wedding sign that is minimalistic has been all the rage. Grab these free wedding SVG files and learn how to create this easy wooden sign.
Welcome back to Totally Free SVG’s this month and our theme is wedding! I loved creating this wedding SVG file because it’s simple and can easily be created in a few hours.
supplies for your wooden wedding sign
- 4×8′ MDF Sheet
- White Paint
- White Primer
- Black Adhesive Vinyl or HTV
- Cricut or Silhouette
You can have your local hardware store cut your MDF sheet to size and it’s completely free. I like using MDF because it’s sturdy and it doesn’t chip when you cut the edges.
Have Lowe’s or Home Depot cut your board into 4 pieces and it’ll give you 4 signs for less than $30. Grab some white paint and some white primer and paint your boards to get started.
Adhering your image on your wedding sign
You can use this wedding SVG as a stencil, regular vinyl, or some Heat Transfer Vinyl. If you use HTV, the paint needs to be completely dried all the way through and I recommend using a small iron so that you touch the paint as little as possible.
When you’re using regular adhesive vinyl, I like to use a Matte Black but I recommend using gloves or some kind of barrier so that the grease on your hands does not stain the vinyl. Use good transfer tape that isn’t too sticky so your paint doesn’t peel up.
If you decide to do the stencil technique, using 631 removable vinyl is perfect for this. I recommend using this masking technique as I did for this Where The Wild Things Are nursery sign. Paint your base color, lay the vinyl stencil, and then paint the base color again. Then you’ll add your black paint and it will help reduce the bleeding that you can sometimes get with stencils.
Welcome To Our Beginning Digital Cut File
Where Can I Find Free Wedding SVG Files?
- Bride to Be and Bride Tribe from The Country Chic Cottage
- Forever and Ever from Kingston Home
- Floral Border for a Bride Jacket from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Gettin' Hitched from Pineapple Paper Company
- Mr and Mrs SVG from That's What Che Said
- Hubby and Wifey with Year Established from Hello Creative Family
- Ceremony and Reception Signs from Hey Let's Make Stuff
- Just Married from Happiness is Homemade
- Pretty Love Wedding Card from 100 Directions
- We Decided on Forever from Everyday Party Magazine
- Mother of the Bride and Groom from Happy Go Lucky
- Welcome to Our Beginning from See Lindsay
- I Do and I Do Crew from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Pick Your Wedding Team from Pattern Revolution
- Forever Starts Today from Crafting in the Rain
- Eat, Drink, and Be Married from Mad in Crafts
We love making these available for free for you all each month so all we ask for in return is to use these images for personal use only. If you need a commercial license for any of these, just contact me.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Thank you. Appreciate your work!
Thank you so much! Thanks for downloading
Rachelle Smith says
I would like this “Welcome to our beginning” svg but the subscribe box says you’ll get the “needy af” file. I don’t want that one. Is there a way to get the wedding file?
It could just be how I have the file labeled. I’ll email you the wedding one and I’ll get that fixed. Thanks!
I’m trying to find where to download your free wedding svg “Welcome to Our Beginning” and have searched this page over and over, I can’t find the place to click on to download it. Where am I going wrong?
Click on the Shop Now and it’ll be added to your cart. Once you checkout, you will get the link to download it emailed to you and right away.
Teresa K Aller says
Where do I find the Shop Now button??
It is just overlaid on the photo. Click on it and it will take you to the shop. After checkout you will get a link.
Where is the download connection for your beautiful sign?
Click on the Shop Now and it’ll be added to your cart. Once you checkout, you will get the link to download it.
I have been trying to download your free wedding svg “Welcome to Our Beginning” for fifteen minutes now, and I can’t find the place to click on to download it. Please help me.
Love your work.
How do you download the designs?
Click on the photo that has the overlay that says ‘shop now’ or you can just enter the store and find the file there. Once you checkout the file will be emailed to you and it’ll be available on the orders page for your account as well.
I can’t see where to get the stencil SVG file for Welcome to our beginning
Click on the photo with the ‘shop now’ overlay. Or you can head to the shop and download it directly from there.
Angel Jones says