Having a giant wedding sign that is minimalistic has been all the rage. Grab these free wedding SVG files and learn how to create this easy wooden sign.
Welcome back to Totally Free SVG’s this month and our theme is wedding! I loved creating this wedding SVG file because it’s simple and can easily be created in a few hours.
supplies for your wooden wedding sign
You can have your local hardware store cut your MDF sheet to size and it’s completely free. I like using MDF because it’s sturdy and it doesn’t chip when you cut the edges.
Have Lowe’s or Home Depot cut your board into 4 pieces and it’ll give you 4 signs for less than $30. Grab some white paint and some white primer and paint your boards to get started.
Adhering your image on your wedding sign
You can use this wedding SVG as a stencil, regular vinyl, or some Heat Transfer Vinyl. If you use HTV, the paint needs to be completely dried all the way through and I recommend using a small iron so that you touch the paint as little as possible.
When you’re using regular adhesive vinyl, I like to use a Matte Black but I recommend using gloves or some kind of barrier so that the grease on your hands does not stain the vinyl. Use good transfer tape that isn’t too sticky so your paint doesn’t peel up.
If you decide to do the stencil technique, using 631 removable vinyl is perfect for this. I recommend using this masking technique as I did for this Where The Wild Things Are nursery sign. Paint your base color, lay the vinyl stencil, and then paint the base color again. Then you’ll add your black paint and it will help reduce the bleeding that you can sometimes get with stencils.
WHere CAn I FInd FRee Wedding SVG FIles?
- Bride to Be and Bride Tribe from The Country Chic Cottage
- Forever and Ever from Kingston Home
- Floral Border for a Bride Jacket from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Gettin' Hitched from Pineapple Paper Company
- Mr and Mrs SVG from That's What Che Said
- Hubby and Wifey with Year Established from Hello Creative Family
- Ceremony and Reception Signs from Hey Let's Make Stuff
- Just Married from Happiness is Homemade
- Pretty Love Wedding Card from 100 Directions
- We Decided on Forever from Everyday Party Magazine
- Mother of the Bride and Groom from Happy Go Lucky
- Welcome to Our Beginning from See Lindsay
- I Do and I Do Crew from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Pick Your Wedding Team from Pattern Revolution
- Forever Starts Today from Crafting in the Rain
- Eat, Drink, and Be Married from Mad in Crafts
- FREE Religious Easter SVG Files – Back By Popular Demand SVG - February 25, 2020
- Easy Paper Cracker Box – The Perfect Birthday Party Favor! - February 18, 2020
- Cupid Cupcakes – The Perfect VAlentine CUpcakes! - February 10, 2020