Another spooky Halloween Cupcake Recipe. Make these kid-friendly Monster Cupcakes and complete your Halloween dessert table like a champ! This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Create these fun Halloween Monster Cupcakes for your next Halloween party or even a Monster birthday party. They're so fun and look like little furry creatures but these taste good. 😉
Supplies for your Halloween Monster Cupcakes
Begin by making an easy box cake mix and complete the recipe from the back of the box. Divide batter into a cupcake pan and cook according to directions.
Allow your cupcakes to cool completely before completing the next step.
How to make Halloween Monster Cupcakes
Begin by creaming together your buttercream. You do this by mixing butter, icing sugar, and milk mixing it on medium speed until it is creamy and fluffy. Add in your violet food coloring and mix that in until you get the color you want.
Cut up some marshmallows into smaller pieces. You could use mini marshmallows here but I think that it doesn't give you the dimension that you'd want. Frost each cupcake with a small amount of buttercream and then add your marshmallows on top.
Grab a piping bag and fit it with your Wilton #233 tip. Fill it with your buttercream and then squeeze it until the bottom of the bag is full and no air pockets are visible. Begin making your Halloween monster cupcake hair. Place eyes randomly on each Halloween monster cupcake and serve.
How do I make the frosting look like fur?
To make the buttercream frosting look like fur, place your piping bag at a 90° angle. Squeeze out a bit of frosting and lift it directly upwards. Continue to do this until all the cake is covered in your fur. This makes the perfect Halloween Monster Cupcake.
Halloween Monster Cupcakes
- 12 chocolate cupcakes
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Violet gel food coloring
- 4 marshmallows
- 25-30 candy eyes
- Ensure that your cupcakes are cool so that you can start decorating.
- Start by making your buttercream: in a stand mixer, start beating butter, sugar and milk on medium speed, gradually increasing it to high. Add a couple of drops of violet gel food coloring and mix until completely tinted.
- With an offset spatula, spread some buttercream on top of each cupcake.
- Cut your marshmallows into small pieces. Place 2 or 3 on top of each iced cupcake.
- Scoop the remaining buttercream into a piping bag and use Wilton tip #233 to frost each cupcake, being sure to cover it completely (the marshmallows are there to create some “hills and valleys”).
- Place 2-4 eyes on each cupcake and enjoy your new, furry, purple monster!
- FREE Religious Easter SVG Files – Back By Popular Demand SVG - February 25, 2020
- Easy Paper Cracker Box – The Perfect Birthday Party Favor! - February 18, 2020
- Cupid Cupcakes – The Perfect VAlentine CUpcakes! - February 10, 2020