Holiday parties are coming and why not create the cutest Reindeer Cupcakes your friends have ever seen? See how easy these holiday cupcakes are to make and how quickly you can put them together.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Christmas Eve is happening at my house this year. I know some people do a thing on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I love to be lazy on Christmas Day so I get everything done for the night before in advance to save me a headache. These Reindeer Cupcakes are so easy that you can add them to your list and actually complete them before the lazy day.
You can always buy a cake mix for your cupcakes but I love to go to my local bakery or even the grocery store bakery and grab a dozen premade ones. Go ahead and ask for some chocolate frosting too while you're there and make these even easier.
Supplies for your Christmas Reindeer Cupcakes
- Dozen Cupcakes
- Cocoa Powder
- Icing Sugar
- Candy Eyes
- Red Decorating Gel or Red Hots
Cream together your butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder until it is smooth and fluffy. A Kitchen-Aid stand mixer is perfect for jobs like this but a hand-held electric mixer works great too.
How to assemble your Holiday Cupcakes
After you've creamed your butter and sugar, place a piping bag or Ziploc into an empty cup and drape the bag over the rim. Use a spatula to add your frosting into the bag and then take it out of the cup to squeeze out any air.
I like to use this piping tip to create texture in my reindeer cupcakes face. The tip I've used is a Wilton Open Star Tip #8B. Add your candy eyes and then use your Red Hots or red decorating icing as the nose. Ta-Da! Your Reindeer holiday cupcakes are complete. Aren't they the cutest?
Adorable Reindeer Cupcake Recipe for Christmas
- 12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 24 pretzels
- 24 googly candy eyes
- Red decorating frosting or Red Hots
- Once your cupcakes are out of the oven, ensure you cool them completely on a wire rack before decorating.
How to make Buttercream Frosting
- In an electric stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, cocoa and milk on medium speed, gradually increasing it to high.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, smooth, and form stiff peaks, your buttercream is ready. Frost each cupcake with a frosting bag.
How to make the pretzel reindeer
- Add two pretzels on each cupcake: these will be your reindeer’s “antlers.”
- Add candy eyes and dot a nose with your red decorating frosting. Enjoy and happy holidays!
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Hey, Let's Chat!