I had an ah-ha moment this morning, it was pretty fabulous and I'd say probably the best thing I've eaten for breakfast in a long time. It's a Bacon and Goat Cheese Omelet and I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be a new Christmas Tradition. We usually have a souffle that's pretty bland and I have to be honest, Mom, it's not my favorite. She loves putting it together for us and taking care of us now that we're all out of the house so we just let it happen. One year, she forgot to soak the souffle so we just made toast for Christmas morning.
You know, I'm 30 years old and maybe it's time to start a new Christmas Tradition. I'm sure my kids will have a hard time in 30 years to break the news to me that they don't like these anymore but for now, they are new and they are glorious! I feel like Buddy the Elf when I say glorious!
I took some asparagus and cut it into some pretty small discs and sauteed it but I still wanted to leave some bite to it. I cut some mushrooms as well and sauteed them for just a minute in the same pan as my asparagus. I cooked up some bacon and because I want everything uniform, I too cut that in the same size as my asparagus and mushrooms.
I then grabbed from my fridge – 3 eggs, heavy cream and some garlic and herb goat cheese I picked up from Trader Joes. If you don't have Joes, just pick up your favorite cheese but this one definitely gave a tangy bite. Whip up your eggs with the cream and salt and pepper to taste and pour it in your skillet. Follow the recipe below for all the instructions and you are covered!
Bacon & Goat Cheese Omelet
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped asparagus
- 1 Tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joes' garlic & herb goat cheese
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and heavy cream together - add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut your asparagus into 1/4 inch pieces and sauté in a skillet with some olive oil for about 2 minutes and set aside, add you mushrooms cut into the same size and sauté those in the same skillet.
- Cook your bacon and cut those into the same size as your asparagus and mushrooms.
- With your skillet on med-hi, add your whisked eggs and let it sit for about 1 minute. Pull your omelet to the side and allow the uncooked egg to fall onto the skillet. Do that for about 3 minutes until you get a firm foundation of egg.
- Now add your vegetables, bacon and your goat cheese and fold the omelet in half. Cover your skillet and let it bake for 3 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through. You can also turn it over if you don't want to cover it.
- Serve with a chilled glass of orange juice and enjoy.
You can most definitely customize this any way you'd like for the Christmas season. Have a bunch of selections for others to make their own custom omelets. Or you can make this Fritata style and bake it in the oven. If you bake it, you could definitely make it for a group which will be perfect for Christmas! Either way, this Bacon and Goat Cheese Omelet is sure to satisfy.
This really is a delicious recipe so I hope to high heavens that you try it!
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Hey, Let's Chat!