This delicious chicken, cashew and grape pasta salad is perfect for a main dish or bring it to family barbeques. It compliments well to any main dish or is perfect on it’s on.
Life is getting more chaotic by the minute. I’m glad I can rely on food that is pre-cooked or prepared in some way to make life a little easier. For this Chicken, Cashew and Grape pasta salad recipe I’m going to use some cubed chicken from those rotisserie ones you can buy at the grocery store. This salad is so easy for weeknight meals and it’s one of my favorite pasta salads for dinner or a group get-together.
Chicken, Cashew and Grape Pasta Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 pkg bowtie pasta, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup coleslaw dressing
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix together mayonnaise and coleslaw dressing and place in the fridge until you're ready to combine with the other ingredients.
- Mix cooled pasta, red grapes, cashews, grilled chicken and pineapple together and add in the dressing, coating your salad.
- Serve in a dinner bowl with the cut crispy chicken strips on top. Add more cashews for crunch and looks.
Get those noodles boiling and cool them down. You’ll next want to mix the mayonnaise and coleslaw dressing together and whisk it well. You want to use 1 cup of each and get all those lumps out. Keep that in the fridge while you’re putting the rest of the salad together.
Next, cut the grapes in half and open your can of pineapple – chop the celery now if you’ve decided to use it. I like a lot of fruit but it is all a taste thing with this salad. Go ahead and add those to your bowl along with the chicken and mix it all together.
Drain the pasta once it’s cooked to al dente and let it cool. It doesn’t need to be extremely cold but room temperature or colder is always ideal when using a mayonnaise-based sauce. Add your dressing to the pasta and fruit mixture and stir together until all the dressing has coated everything evenly.
You’ll add the cashews at the end to keep the crunch. If you’re going to be able to eat this in one day, go ahead and add however much you’d like. If this will last you a few days, just add the cashews as you go so it won’t get soggy on you.
We love this pasta salad in our house for many reasons and the main one is that it’s a convenient meal to satisfy all our tastes and I feel I get all the food groups in one sitting 😉 It’s a good quality meal with little fuss.
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- FREE Halloween SVG File – Feed Me Candy & Call Me Boo! - September 3, 2019
- The Coolest Spider-Man Car Seat Ever! - August 25, 2019
- DIY Dragon Shirt to Bring Out Your Inner Roar - August 6, 2019