This Banana Cream Pie recipe is a delight with chocolate ganache and homemade Bahlsen Leibniz Biscuit crust. This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market and all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
This recipe is a labor of love and it's well worth the time and effort. I got most of the ingredients from Cost Plus World Market in their baking product section minus the Bahlsen biscuits that I grabbed in the cookie and cake aisle. You're going to want to start with preparing your pudding. Take your pudding packets and place them in a saucepan. Add your sugar and milk and heat it over medium heat. Before it started thickening, I added one pureed banana for flavor. You can whisk the pudding by hand but it may end up clumpy while it cools so I recommend using a handheld mixer. Once your pudding has thickened, transfer it to a cool bowl and cover the top with some cling film. Place it directly on the pudding to avoid a skin forming. Let it set in the fridge for 2 hours. Next is your crust (and the best part), take a package of Balshen Liebetz Butter Cookies and pulse them to a crumb. Melt your butter and add your cookie crumbs along with the sugar and mix. Place it in a pie tin and bake for 5-7 minutes until golden. Set it aside and allow it to cool. Now let's make the ganache. Heat up your cream in a small saucepan and pour it over your Guittard Chocolate Chips. Cover it for 5 minutes and then stir until it's all combined. If your chocolate starts to cool before it's incorporated into the cream, pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time. Pour 1/8-1/4 cup of chocolate ganache over your cookie crust. You want to then swirl the pie pan so that the ganache covers the sides of the crust. You want just a light coating of the ganache. Refrigerate for 15 minutes so it can solidify. Remove the crust from the fridge and thinly slice two bananas. You'll want to place those slices directly on the ganache. Next, add the pudding to the top of the banana slices. Place some cling film over the pudding and chill until you're ready to serve.
Once you're ready to serve your delicious Banana Cream Pie, add freshly whipped cream to the top. Make it even more decadent and add some banana chips for a little added texture.
Yum! You've got a delicious Banana Cream Pie recipe that your family will rave about for years.
Shop This Post
- Bahlsen Biscuits
- Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips
- Oetker Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Gold Luxe Textured Nonstick Pie Tin
- Wood Handle Salad Fork
- White Nantucket Salad Plate
- Ivory Amelie Cake Stand
- Ceramic Measuring Spoons
Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 banana, pureed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 packages vanilla pudding
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package Bahlsen Butter Biscuits
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup banana chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 375. Pulse your Bahlsen Butter Biscuits to crumbs. Mix with your sugar and melted butter. Press into a 9" pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare your packaged pudding according to package directions. Before the mixture comes to a boil, add in your pureed banana. Stir well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat your cream over medium heat until hot, pour over your chocolate chips and cover for 5 minutes. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Once your biscuit crust is cool, pour about a 1/4 cup of ganache over the top. Swirl your crust so that the ganache covers the side of the crust. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After your ganache has set, place the sliced bananas over the ganache. Add the pudding on top of the bananas and refrigerate until you're ready to serve
- Mix your sugar and heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe the whipped cream on top of the pudding and place the banana chips for extra decoration. Serve along side the leftover ganache. This will stay well in your fridge for a day but it's best to prepare it the day of because the bananas may turn.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Cherryl Ehlenburg says
Banana Cream is my favorite pie, and I look forward to trying this version!
Tracy @ Our Simple Homestead says
I was looking for the perfect dessert for dinner tonight. I found it!!! This looks absolutely delicious.
It definitely is!
Katherines Corner says
thank you for sharing this yumminess at Katherines Corner (TFT) . Pinned and featured xo
Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond says
I love the way you have decorated this banana cream pie.Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party.
Thank you so much. This pie was absolutely delicious.
Shirley Wood says
It’s almost too pretty to eat! My hubby would love this, in fact he would be the one to make it and I’m about to send this recipe to him. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Looks delicious!
Haha! I love when men bake. Hope you enjoy!
Mrs Major Hoff says
This is my dad’s favorite pie, I’ll have to make this version during his next visit! Sounds divine!
It was really delicious! XX