Make these delicious Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treats for your next Patriotic gathering. The perfect kid-friendly summer recipe.
this post contains AFFILIATE links. thank you for your support.
I live for Rice Krispie Treats and I love to personalize them any way I can. These are the perfect addition to any patriotic get-together and combine the Red, White and Blue seasonal Rice Krispies with the patriotic M&M’s. They’re not too sweet and that’s why I love them. These Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for your next summer BBQ.
how to make the best Rice Krispie treats!
Begin with melting your stick of salted butter and a 10 oz. bag of marshmallows in a deep pan. Once they are melted together, turn off the heat and add your cereal. Stir well to combine it all.
On a sheet pan, spray it with some non-stick spray and pour your package of red, white and blue M&M’s and spread them out evenly.
Once your cereal is combined with the marshmallows and butter, pour it over the top of your M&M’s. I like to take either wet hands to press it down or place a piece of parchment paper over the mixture and use a measuring cup to press it down. Allow our mixture to set until it is cool.
Turn it over onto a sheet of parchment paper and cut it up into squares and serve. They’re so fun, especially for the Fourth of July.
Leave a comment and let me know if you’ve tried this recipe yourself and what other combinations you’d like to see. Thanks so much for following along and have an awesome Summer season.
Have fun making these Patriotic Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treats!
Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 stick salted butter
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 1 box Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies
- 1 bag Red, White and Blue M&M’s
- Spray your sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the bag of M&M’s evenly over the pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add butter and marshmallows and heat over medium until they are melted and combined. Turn off the heat and add your cereal. Mix until it is well combined.
- Pour your cereal mixture over the M&M’s and allow it to set completely. Turn over onto parchment when they’ve cooled and cut into serving squares.
SOME OF MY FAVORITE SUMMER DESSERTS
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- FREE Halloween SVG File – Feed Me Candy & Call Me Boo! - September 3, 2019
- The Coolest Spider-Man Car Seat Ever! - August 25, 2019
- DIY Dragon Shirt to Bring Out Your Inner Roar - August 6, 2019