These cactus cake pops will look perfect on your dessert table for your next party. Celebrate a fiesta or Cinco De Mayo with this easy recipe to recreate. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
What kinds of parties can I throw with these Cactus Cake Pops?
These cactus cake pops can be recreated for your next birthday party. They're perfect for Cinco De Mayo, a Southwestern theme or just a Cactus themed party. This cactus party food is the perfect addition.
- Sucker Sticks
- Kelly Green Food Coloring
- Red Food Coloring
- White Sprinkles
- Wilton Cake Tips #47 and #131
Prepare your buttercream frosting and then add a few spoonfuls to the side. Color the larger amount of buttercream with your Kelly Green color and then color the smaller amount with the red food coloring. Crumble your white cake into a large bowl and add three tablespoons of the green buttercream that you've prepared. Mix it well and then form an oval shape then press down on the bottom. Press your sucker stick into the shape and then place in the freezer to harden for 15-20 minutes. After the shapes have set, use your Wilton tip #47 to pipe green strips down the shape. Use your Wilton tip #131 to create the red flowers at the top. Place the white sprinkles on your cactus cake pops to act as the needles. Serve and enjoy! They're so adorable for a lot of themed birthday parties but these cactus cake pops are sure to make an appearance sooner than later.
Cactus Cake Pops
- vanilla cake, box mix make the recipe as two 8" cake rounds
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Kelly Green gel food coloring
- red gel food coloring
- white sprinkles
- Crumble your cake into small bits and place in a bowl. Using a stand mixer, mix butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla on medium speed. Gradually increase to high and beat until completely smooth.
- Place a small amount of the frosting in a bowl and color it red. Color the rest with the Kelly Green gel food coloring.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the green buttercream into your bowl of cake crumbs and mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form your cake into a cactus shape and then place the sucker stick into the shape. Let set in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once set, use Wilton tip #47 to frost each cake pop with green buttercream in an upward motion (ie.: vertical strips). Insert white sprinkles on random spots.
- Using Wilton tip #191, frost flowers on top with red decorating frosting.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Hey, Let's Chat!