Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are delicious but even better in Easter form. Use your favorite Easter Bunny cookie cutter and make these look like the real deal.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Oh my gosh! These are so good and not too overly sweet. Our kids love these as a fun Easter snack. I'm going to show you how to create your own Peeps Rice Krispie Treats for Easter. Use the sugary marshmallow treats to create your own Peeps Rice Krispie Treats.
Supplies for your Peeps Easter Rice Krispie Treats –
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- Black Writing Gel
- Bunny Cookie Cutter
Begin by melting one package of Peeps, 1/4 cup of butter and 2 cups of marshmallows. I used the microwave to melt the ingredients together and once it came out, I gave it a good stir. Next, add 2 cups of Rice Krispie cereal and mix it well. You'll then pour it onto a 1/4 sheet pan. To press down the treats easily, wet your hands a little. It'll make the mixture not as hot to the touch and you'll have no marshmallows stuck to your hands afterward. Allow the mixture to cool and cut out as many bunnies as you can. I got 8 out of each 1/4 sheet pan.
Now take your black writing gel and place three dots to represent the eyes and the nose of the bunnies. Now they look just like giant peeps and taste delicious. You're going to get more servings, obviously, if you just cut them into squares but it's fun for them to be cut into mimicking bunnies to match the Peeps. Sometimes I find Peeps overly sweet because of the sugar coating so I've found that mixing them with more regular marshmallows makes them more tolerable to eat a larger amount. Who cares, it's Easter and Easter is the perfect time to have Peeps Rice Krispie Treats.
Peeps Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups large marshmallows
- 1 package peeps, any color you choose
- 1/4 cup butter
- Melt the marshmallows, peeps, and butter in the microwave in a large bowl. Melt for 1 minute then remove and stir to combine. Add in your 2 cups Rice Krispie cereal and stir.
- Add into a greased 1/4 sheet pan and lightly wet your hands to press down or use some cooking spray to grease your hands.
- Cut into the desired shape and add a face using the black writing gel or cut into squares-they're good either way.
I love making Rice Krispie Treats for any holiday. Check out the yummy renditions below.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Amber Harrop says
So Cute for Easter Lindsay – I love a good rice-crispies treat and these bunnies are adorable
Thank you so much, Amber! They were a lot of fun to make and they taste delicious!