Create these easy DIY Christmas Pillows using simple measurements and hidden zippers. Grab the free Christmas Day SVG file to make these the cutest addition to your decor.
I've teamed up with some more of my favorite bloggers to show you our favorite Christmas Pillows and to win some awesome goodies. To learn how to enter, scroll to the bottom but for now, I'm going to show you how I created these easy pillow slipcovers to put on my Fairfield World Poly-fil Premier pillow inserts.
Supplies needed for your DIY Christmas Pillows
- Two 21×21″ squares of Christmas fabrics (I used Moda “Oh What Fun” and Anna Griffin “Fido” fabrics for mine)
- 2.5 yards of large Pom Pom Trim
- Sewing Machine
- Red Flocked HTV
- December 25th SVG file (see below)
- 20×20″ Fairfield World Poly-fil Premier Pillow Insert
How to press flocked htv
I am in no way a seamstress but I'm really good at using HTV. I don't usually use Flock HTV but I have a few tricks for you. The color of the HTV will change a bit but that is just from the heat and does not affect the actual vinyl.
Preheat your fabric for 2-3 seconds and then lay your flocked HTV on the front portion of your pillow. Press at 320F degrees for 15-20 seconds and then set it aside to cool completely.
If you peel while the carrier sheet is warm, the image will peel up with it. Wait until the carrier sheet and the HTV have cooled for about 5 minutes at least. Then hold your fabric firmly and pull the carrier sheet off.
how to sew the invisible zipper
Sew your zipper into on to your squares using the invisible zipper YouTube video below. I also had pinned my pom pom trim below my zipper so that the edges would remain invisible while I sewed them up.
Insert your Poly-fil pillow form and zip it up. This project took me less than 2 hours and I think they're adorable. I did buy the gree fabric but everything else I had in my stash and ready to go.
If you're looking for projects to use up some of your craft pile, be sure to check out the other fun Christmas pillows that we've all created.
To download the files, just add your name and email address to the form below and you will be automatically redirected to the download. The files are stored at Box.com – you do not need a subscription but you will need to have a free account to access the downloads. If you're still having some issues, here is the Box.com Troubleshooting page.
Files are for personal use only.
We love making these available for free for you all each month so all we ask for in return is to use these images for personal use only. If you need a commercial license for any of these, just contact me.Dear Partiers, Thank you so much for your adorable, beautiful and festive pillow posts. Here is the code for ALL of them if you want to add it to your posts. I had to wait to send it because I didn't have everyone's until this morning. Please share the contest on your social platforms. 🙂 If you have time to hop around and comment on each others' posts, I know everyone would love the traffic. Fairfield World will be sharing throughout the week too, so be on the lookout. Here is the code.
- Gnome Pillow by Laura at Laura Kelly Designs
- Hedgehog Pillow by Alexandra at The Hedgehog Hollow
- Pom Pom Snowflake Pillow byt Emily at The Benson Street
- 3 Snowmen and a Bunny Pillow by Cindy DeRosier
- Reindeer Prance Pillow by Lindsey at Artsy Fartsy Mama
- 3 Trees Pillow by Beth from Creatively Beth
- Tree in a Truck Pillow by Katie from The Crafty Blogstalker
- Snowflake on Buffalo Plaid by Cheryl and Maybe That's What Che Said
- Snowman Pillow by Janet at Try It Like It
- Oh Joy Pillow with Pom Poms by Ginger at GingerSnaps Crafts
- Merry Christmas by Ann Makes
- 25th of December Pillow by Lindsay at See Lindsay
- Joyful Pillow with Pom Poms by Natalie at DoodleCraft Blog
- Plaid Christmas Tree Pillow by Erica at Five Little Monsters
- Harry Potter Christmas Pillows by Julie at The Quiet Grove
- Felt Tree in Truck Pillow by Debra at Quartermain Designs
- Joyeux Noel Pillow by Monica at Sookee Designs
- Oh Come Let Us Adore Him Pillow by Amy at Amy Latta Designs
- Joy on Snowflakes Pillow by Diana at Miss USG Moments
- Let It Snow Pillow by Katie at A Sweet Berry Designs
- All Hearts Come Home For Christmas Pillow by Suzie Bentz Designs
- Ornaments Pillow by Morena's Corner
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe AND Fresh Farm Christmas Trees by Laura at Laura's Crafty Life
Now for the good part! You have the opportunity to win a $100 gift card from Michaels and 10lbs. of Poly-fil from Fairfield World. Follow the prompts on the giveaway form and a lucky winner will be chosen at random on November 9th, 2020.a Rafflecopter giveaway