Grab these free Pumpkin SVG files here and learn the easiest way to apply the vinyl to a mug using the hinge method.
Pumpkin Spice season has already hit and, honestly, I've never tried any Pumpkin Spice flavored beverage ever. It kind of scares me but I think since I love the flavor of Chai, I'd probably love Pumpkin Spice.
However, if you're looking for easy Pumpkin French Toast, be sure to check out my cute little pumpkin French ghosts for Halloween.
But these pumpkin SVG files are perfect for the cooler weather and I even hand-drew this little squash below. Add a quote or a name below it to tie it all together.
What is the easiest way to apply vinyl to a mug?
I have learned that the easiest way to apply vinyl to a mug is to use the hinge method. Karley Hall has an excellent video showing how easily it's done. One thing that I do recommend is that you thoroughly clean your mug with high-grade alcohol and allow it to dry completely. Then let your vinyl sit and really adhere to the mug for 24 hours before you use it.
To preserve the vinyl a little longer, just hand wash your mugs from here on out and you won't get much peeling at all compared to using a high-powered dishwasher.
supplies Needed For your Pumpkin SVG file
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
- Permanent Vinyl (if placing on a cup)
how do you apply iron on vinyl?
Time needed: 10 minutes
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron-On Vinyl
After you've uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron-On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negatives of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You'll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer's instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
Hand-drawn Pumpkin Digital Cut File
Where Can I Download more free pumpkin svg files?
- Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch – The Country Chic Cottage
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice – The Kingston Home
- Mommy's / Daddy's Little Pumpkin – Pineapple Paper Co
- Give 'em Pumpkin to Talk About – That's What Che Said
- Pumpkin Spice is My Favorite Season – Hello Creative Family
- Hello Pumpkin – Hey, Let's Make Stuff
- Farm Fresh Pumpkins – Happiness is Homemade
- Home Sweet Home – Happy Go Lucky
- Hand-drawn Pumpkin – See Lindsay
- Spice Spice Baby – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Pie Love You – Crafting in the Rain
- Little Pumpkin Lotta Spice – Mad in Crafts
- Paper Pumpkin – 100 Directions
- Farmhouse Pumpkin – Everyday Party Magazine