Customizing pajamas into holiday pajamas are one of my most favorite projects that I do each year. These DIY Valentine Pajamas are easy to customize using this free XOXO SVG file. Grab this file and more below.
Like I said, customizing store-bought pajamas are one of my most favorite holiday crafts to do. I've done Halloween, Christmas, and now Valentines. I'm also working on some Easter ones but that's way too far in advance for me and I am not that prepared with life in general.
Supplies for your Valentine Pajamas
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron-On Vinyl
After you've uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron-On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negatives of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You'll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer's instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
more free valentine svg files
I especially love this free XOXO SVG file because of the heart o's. The simplicity go the design will make sure that these pajamas will never go out of style. Put this SVG file on anything you desire. That's why I love my free SVG files that I offer you. They're items that myself, or my kids would wear. I'm not going to make you wear something I wouldn't, lol.
- I Love You – That's What Che Said
- Love Letter – We Can Make That
- You're My Lobster – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Zombie Ate My Heart – Printable Crush
- All We Need is Love – Kelly Leigh Creates
- My Class is Full of Sweet Hearts – unOriginal Mom
- Love Shirt – Try It Like It Create It
- My Heart Belongs To Mommy/Daddy – Hello Creative Family
- Love You Most. The End. I win. – Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Valentine Tacos – Everyday Party Magazine
- Donuts are My Valentine – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Hello Love – The Girl Creative
- Conversation Hearts – Liz on Call
- Llama Love You Forever – Life Sew Savory
- Scrunchie Valentine – Fynes Designs
- All of Me Loves All of You – Cutting Machine Crafting
- XOXO Pajamas – SeeLindsay
- Love Bites – Homemade Heather
- Love Stinks, Let's Drink – Leap of Faith Crafting