This Instant Pot Roast Beef Dinner is a staple every week on Sundays after church. The Instant Pot makes the meat extra juicy and cooks it in no time. This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commision at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Roast Beef on a Sunday is pretty much a staple in this house. I'll buy it while it's on sale and then if I remember, throw it in the Crock Pot in the morning before we head off to church. Who am I kidding anymore? I'm not that organized so the Instant Pot was the best thing I ever bought. I'm going to show you how I make my Instant Pot roast beef dinner.
If your meat is frozen, just throw it in but if it's thawed be sure to saute it so you can seal in the juices. I have the 7-in-1 6qt Instant Pot and I also have the 6-in-1. They're both similar by the size and ease of use but I'd recommend the 7-in-1 even if you don't think you'll ever make yogurt. It's just a more user-friendly machine. I place the heat on high and sauté for about 5 min each side after I've salt and peppered it up. You can put a little oil in the pan but I don't have an issue with a little sticking to the bottom while I sauté.
Next, you'll change the setting to manual and high pressure. You can't just switch from one button to the other on the Instant Pot, you have to cancel the last function and then press the one you want. That's probably my biggest issue with the Instant Pot. I like to add a Lipton Onion Soup packet and about 2 cups of beef broth. If you like your carrots a little mushy, this is the time to put them in as well. My baby likes mushy carrots. Check the lid and be sure that the sealing ring is not lifting in any areas and place that on your Instant Pot. Be sure the valve is set so it'll close and wait for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. It takes a while for that to happen, maybe 10 min, but I usually like to help speed that along and add hot liquid and have my pan inside warmed up. After 35-40 min. you can either do a quick release or natural release. The QR is just going to give you a quicker satisfaction. I remove the carrots and pot roast out of the Instant Pot and set it aside. Next, put your Instant Pot back on sauté. Once it's boiling, add your gravy mix. I like to use the McCormick brown gravy mix and just dump it as I go, no measuring. Whisk vigorously to remove all the lumps. You'll have a yummy brown gravy that's complete with all the bits from the pot roast and maybe have a few carrots mixed in there. That's my favorite kind of gravy. Pour the gravy over your delicious, quick cooking, pot roast and serve with a side of yummy bread and the best ever mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Roast Beef Dinner
- 1 beef chuck roast
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
- Brown the chuck roast on both sides on the saute high setting.
- Pour in Lipton onion soup, beef broth and add your carrots.
- Set the Instant Pot on manual high and seal the Instant Pot. Set it for 40 minutes.
- Quick release the valve and remove the carrots and roast, set aside. Set the Instant Pot on saute high and pour in the McCormick brown gravy mix and whisk vigorously to break down the clumps. Keep an eye on it. If the gravy is too thick, add water and vice-versa. Just add to your desired gravy consistency. Enjoy!
- Funny Free Cabin Printable Artwork – Lloyd Christmas Quote - July 9, 2020
- DIY Baby Onesie – Needy AF - July 7, 2020
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020