This Magical White Chocolate Unicorn Bark is absolutely going to make you earn brownie points for such beautiful food. Grab the easy instructions on how to make it below. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
You absolutely loved my Unicorn Pancakes, take it a step further and make this magical White Chocolate Unicorn Bark. Load it up with sprinkles and handmade Unicorn horns and you're set for the perfect Unicorn party.
Supplies for Unicorn Bark
- White Chocolate
- Purple Candy Melts
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- Pink Fondant or White and Red Fondant
- Parchment Paper
Begin by making your Unicron Horns our of the pink fondant. You’re going to want to take a piece the size of a bouncy ball and then roll it out and taper it at the edges. Bring the two ends together and then twist. Set them aside to dry.
How do I temper chocolate in the microwave?
Next, place a piece of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. You’re going to want to temper your white chocolate and that can easily be done in the microwave.
To temper chocolate in the microwave, begin with about 2/3 of your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. You’re going to want to heat in 30-second intervals and stirring between each rotation. Once your chocolate is almost melted completely, add in your other 1/3 of chocolate to help bring the heat down.
To warm your chocolate, just microwave in 10-second intervals until it returns to the same consistency. But this recipe, we won’t worry about that.
Pour your melted white chocolate over the parchment and then spread with an offset spatula. You can absolutely just use a silicone spatula but I love the way and offset spatula spreads so use that if you have one. Next, warm your purple candy melts in the same fashion as the chocolate or go here to see how I’ve done it in the past.
Pour the warmed purple candy melts over the white chocolate bark and then swirl with a toothpick to create your white chocolate Unicorn Bark.
Now the fun part! Pour your sprinkles over the warm Unicorn Bark and then place your fondant unicorn horns all around and let it firm in the refrigerator.
How do you break chocolate bark?
The last step is the break the Unicorn Bark. To break my chocolate bark, I took the parchment paper off of the pan and then dropped it on my countertop. You can use a knife too. Just do whichever you prefer.
I love to serve this in some parchment bags or just pile it on a plate and allow others to serve themselves. Either way, you definitely have a hit on your hands with this white chocolate Unicorn Bark.
- 4 oz ready-made white fondant
- 2 oz ready-made red fondant
- Cornstarch for rolling
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 cup purple candy melts
- 3 tsp coconut oil divided
- 1 cup sprinkles of your choice
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper. Cover your fingers in cornstarch, as well as your clean working surface (this will avoid any sticky messes). Fold both fondant colors and knead together, creating a pink-marbled look and roll 12-15 fondant spheres, about ¼ of an inch in diameter.
- Roll each sphere into a long strip, about 1 inch in length.
- Slightly fold over your strip and start twisting. Once you reach the end of the twist, pinch the tip. This will act as your unicorn horn. Gently place your fondant creations on your lined baking sheet.
- Line a rectangular pan with wax paper. Add white chocolate and 2 tsp of your coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in thirty-second intervals until completely melted. Mix and pour into your lined pan.
- Next, add purple candy and 1 tsp coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in thirty-second intervals until completely melted and pour over your melted white chocolate. Use a fork to blend the white chocolate and the purple candy to create a marbled look.
- Top your bark with sprinkles and your fondant horns. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and break off into pieces.