Rainbow SVG's can be used from brightening up a room or as a onesie for a newborn Rainbow Baby. Grab these free Rainbow SVG files below and make magic using your Cricut or Silhouette.
I made this little Rainbow SVG using my iPad Pro and I love how it turned out. You can use any colors that'll match your base that you're adhering the SVG to. I love these muted vinyl tones on this wooden board.
I think this would be darling to use all different kinds of patterned vinyl that Expressions Vinyl has to offer. My neighbor is having her first daughter who is a rainbow baby so now I know exactly what to give her as a cute, homemade gift.
Supplies for your Rainbow Project
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron-On Vinyl
After you've uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron-On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negatives of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You'll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer's instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
More Free Rainbow SVG Files
I love our Totally Free SVG days. This months theme is rainbows and everyone went above and beyond. Be sure to visit each blog post to get your own file from that particular blogger.
- Shine Bright – The Country Chic Cottage
- Love is All We Need – The Kingston Home
- Rainbow Wall Hanging – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Rainbows Are My Favorite Color – Pineapple Paper Co.
- So Over It – That's What Che Said
- Kindness Matters – Hello Creative Family
- Girl Power – Hey Let's Make Stuff
- Sunshine & Rainbows – Happiness is Homemade
- Love & Rainbows – 100 Directions
- Rainbow Design – Everyday Party Magazine
- Teacher Strong Rainbow – Happy Go Lucky
- Hand Drawn Rainbow – See Lindsay
- Dream Big Rainbow – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- True Colors – Crafting in the Rain
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Mad in Crafts
- Rainbow Baby – Cutting Machine Crafting
- Free Taco SVG Files | Single, Taken, In Love With Tacos - June 1, 2021
- Free Ocean SVG Files – I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly - May 4, 2021
- How To Use The Cricut Mug Press – FREE SVG Files - April 13, 2021