Shark Cupcakes are the perfect addition to any Shark Week party or a fabulous Shark birthday party. Create this easy Shark Cupcake Recipe today with just a few ingredients.
My 3-year-old is still singing Baby Shark and I'm wondering when a toddlers time frame for a trend is? I feel like it's been two years strong and I'm ready for it to be done. But, just like their Baby Shark song, the adults have their Shark Week. Create these easy Shark Cupcakes for your next viewing party or the next Baby Shark party you're throwing, lol.
Supplies for your Shark Party Cupcakes
- 4.4 oz. package of White Fondant
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- Royal Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Blue Decorating Gel
- Blue Foil Cupcake Wrappers
- Wilton Tip 1M & Piping Bag
- Cupcake Mix & homemade or store-bought Buttercream
You want to go ahead and cook your cupcakes or just buy them from the bakery pre-made. You can easily find fondant on mainstream stores nowadays so this can easily be a one-trip trip to the grocery store.
how to make the fondant shark fin
Take your white fondant and add a bit of the black gel food coloring. Mix it so that most of it is gray but leave a little bit of white marbling throughout.
Take a 1” ball and then shape it into a triangle and bend the top portion of it a bit to the right. That’s it! It’s the easiest fondant Shark fin you’ll ever make.
Be sure to insert a toothpick into the fin for a bit of stability to when you top it on your cupcake.
how to mix gel food coloring
You can buy blue buttercream from the bakery or making your own is really simple. Just whip the butter and powdered sugar together and add a splash of milk and vanilla. Add a bit of blue gel food coloring to the mixture until you get your desired shade.
I prefer to use gel food coloring over standard alcohol-based food coloring. It makes the colors punch a bit brighter and it takes less of the product to get the color that you want.
When making dark buttercream or royal icing, remember that as the mixture sits, the colors will intensify. Black can leave the most jarring color in your mouth so it’s best to start easy with those tones and just make it darker if you need too later on.
These Shark Cupcakes are sure to please any child or adult who is way into Shark Week.
- 12 Cupcakes cool to the touch
- 3-4oz White Fondant
- 1 Black Gel Food Coloring
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1 Royal Blue Gel Food Coloring
- 1 Blue Gel Frosting
- To start, add a couple of small drops of black gel food coloring into your white fondant and knead until tinted. The fondant should come out light grey.
- Divide the fondant into one dozen spheres, about ½ an inch in size.
- To form each shark fin, slightly flatten each sphere and press the top to a point. It should look like a triangle.Curve the tip of the fondant triangle to give it a more realistic shape.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, icing sugar and milk with an electric mixer. Start on slow speed and increase the speed to high
- Once ingredients are well-combined, add royal blue gel food coloring. Beat until completely tinted.
- Scoop buttercream into a piping bag with Wilton tip 1M attached.Frost each cupcake.
- Using the blue gel frosting, decorated each frosted cupcake with “squiggle” lines.
- Insert a toothpick at the bottom of each fondant shark fin.
Insert one fondant shark fin into each cupcake. Serve and enjoy!
- Funny Free Cabin Printable Artwork – Lloyd Christmas Quote - July 9, 2020
- DIY Baby Onesie – Needy AF - July 7, 2020
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020