THESE HAUNTINGLY DELICIOUS GHOST CUPCAKES ARE SURE TO BE A HIT AT ANY HALLOWEEN GET-TOGETHER. SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO CREATE FONDANT GHOST SHAPES.
I often find myself trying to impress me more than others but there are some things I just like to do so it doesn't matter to me that it's time-consuming. If I can buy cupcakes and then add my thing, you better bet I will do that. But sometimes I just want to make the cutest ghost cupcakes you've ever seen.
The easiest way I find a timesaver with decorated cupcakes, is by using store-bought mix or just head to the bakery and grab unfrosted ones. You can easily have the bakery frost these Ghost Cupcakes for you and just add the fondant ghosts later. I'm all for a time-saver hack when it comes to baking.
Supplies for your Homemade Ghost Cupcakes
- white fondant
- red gel food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- black food-safe marker
Start with your premade cupcakes and prepare them as directed. Allow your cupcakes to cool completely so that the buttercream won't melt.Line a baking sheet with some parchment or wax paper and begin forming your ghosts. Use 1″ spheres and then form them into an oval shape. On one end you will form a point like it's the ghosts tail.
Take your scissors and cut slits in your fondant to create the arms of the ghosts. Use your edible marker and make the eyes on your fondant ghost. Lay them aside to set. Now, start making your buttercream icing. Just use your room-temperature butter, icing sugar, milk and whip it until it is fluffy. Mix in your yellow and red gel food coloring to create the orange you're looking for.
Place your frosting in a piping bag. You can use a piping tip if you'd like but I like the look of smooth edges on cupcakes.
Place your fondant ghost decoration on top of your frosted cupcake and serve. Happy Halloween! Don't forget to look at our other Halloween Cupcakes.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes
- 6 oz. white fondant
- Black food marker
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Red gel food coloring
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Ensure that your cupcakes are completely cool before decorating.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and roll your white fondant into 12 1-inch spheres. Keep on rolling it so that it’s as smooth as possible.
- Start forming your “ghost” shape. Flatten it out to become an oval and then pinch the end slightly. Then, give the pinched end a curve.
- With scissors, snip a little portion of the fondant on each side. Place gently on wax paper and draw two eyes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, milk and 2 drops of red gel food coloring and 2 drops of yellow. Mix on low and gradually increase to high. Place in a frosting bag and frost each cupcake.
- Place your fondant ghosts on top and serve.
More Halloween Cupcake Ideas
- DIY Baby Onesie – Needy AF - July 7, 2020
- Free Birthday SVG Files – Funny Birthday SVG File - June 2, 2020
- Make an Indoor Vinyl Flower Garden for your Playroom - May 26, 2020