Halloween is right around the corner and I can't wait! I love Halloween but I especially love spooky Halloween food. Create these Mummy Cupcakes to scare everyone at your next Halloween Party. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
I love Halloween party food but I especially love when cupcakes are decorated for Halloween. What better way to surprise yourself and scare others by creating these Halloween Mummy Cupcakes all on your own.
Supplies for your Mummy Cupcakes
How to make Halloween Mummy Cupcakes
To create your Mummy Cupcakes, just make your cake mix as cupcakes following the directions on the box. Allow them to cool so that your frosting won't melt when you apply it.
While you're waiting for your cupcakes to cool, cut the marshmallows in half and place them on some wax paper or some cling film sprayed with some non-stick cooking spray.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy melts and coconut oil in 30 seconds intervals until it is completely melted. I like to add some extra chips after I've melted them in to microwave to give them a tempering. I like to follow the settings on this post.
Pour your Candy Melts into a sandwich bag and drizzle over the marshmallow halves. Add the eyes afterward and allow the chocolate to set.
How to assemble Mummy Cupcakes
After you've mixed your buttercream, pipe it onto your cupcakes and add your Mummy on top to make the perfect spooky Halloween cupcakes.
These Mummy Cupcakes are so festive for the holiday and I love that they are perfect companions to my other Halloween cupcakes.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes
- 6 marshmallows
- ½ cup white candy melts
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 24 candy eyes
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Allow cupcakes to cool and start the decorating process: cut marshmallows in half and set on a working surface lined with wax paper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave candy melts and coconut oil in 30-second intervals
- Place melted candy in a sandwich bag and cut off a small slit in one corner. Put lines of candy melts on the surface of your marshmallow halves and then place two eyes on each one.
- With an electric mixer, mix together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk on medium speed and gradually increase to high. Once the ingredients are well combined, place in piping bag and frost each cupcake.