These Dollar Store organization bins are perfect for that gamer of yours. Use your Cricut to customize them with vinyl with these free SVG files.
My boys are a little too comfortable with their Xbox and not so comfortable with putting all their accessories away. I headed to the Dollar Store and grabbed these bins then sprayed them with hammered metal paint and adhered these vinyl labels that I cut with my Cricut Joy. Super easy and inexpensive solution for an out of control problem.
How to paint plastic bins
To paint your plastic bins, you first need to use a primer on them. I chose to use a paint that has a primer already built in but you can always prime beforehand. If you prime them before, wait for it to dry between coats, then add your paint.
Use a polyurethane spray paint sealer and allow it to sit for at least 24 hours before you place your vinyl on it.
supplies needed for your dollar store organization bins
- Plastic Bins
- Hammered Metal Spray Paint
- Spray Paint Primer
- Spray Polyurethane
Begin by cutting and weeding your vinyl design. I have included an Xbox and Playstation controller SVG files for you to match your gaming system.
Place your transfer paper over your vinyl design and then use a scraper tool to adhere the design to the transfer tape.
When you place it on your bin, only press in the areas of the vinyl or else you'll run the risk of pulling up your paint even though it is prepped. It just reduces any chance of mistakes.
Now you can place your Dollar Store organization bins wherever you know your kids will remember to put them. For us, it was these shelves in the boys' rooms right next to their Xbox. They've used them once so I'm hoping for more consistent usage.
Both cut files come with the headphones with the desired gaming type controller. Just add your favorite to the cart and shop away!
Xbox Controller Digital Cut File
Playstation Controller Digital Cut File
Dollar Store Ideas with Cricut
- Reverse Canvas from Happy Go Lucky
- Dollar Store Fall Sign from Hello Creative Family
- Yoda Night Light from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Before/After School Mug and Wine Glass from Happiness is Homemade
- Infusible Ink Placemat from Crafting in the Rain
- Skeleton Hand Oven Mitt from Everyday Party Magazine
- Painted Acrylic Sign from The Country Chic Cottage
- Penmanship Tracing Mats from That's What Che Said
- Potholder Baking Mix Gift Set from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Gaming Organization Bins
- Hanging Mask Organizer from Mad in Crafts