Grab these adorable FREE 4th of July SVG files to celebrate Independence Day. Use your Cricut or Silhouette to cut your Iron On and make your very own shirt.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
I and the ladies are back at it again offering you all some free SVG files to use with your electronic craft cutter. These 4th of July SVG files are easy to download and create your very own projects. Grab all the files below.
Supplies for your Independence Day Shirt
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
You’re able to upload it directly to Cricut Design Space or into your Silhouette Studio as is. You will have to resize it to fit on to your project but it’s all separated by color for you.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron On Vinyl
After you’ve uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negative of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You’ll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow manufacturers instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer’s instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
Malakai looks so cute in his little 4th of July t-shirt I made him. It’s kind of cuter than the one I made him two summers ago. If you have a Cricut, you can just head to the post below and use the Cricut Design Space file there. I figured it was time for an upgrade for him.
Click on your favorite Independence Day SVG file below and follow the instructions for each additional FREE download.
- Let Freedom Ring – Kingston Crafts
- Land of the Free – That’s What Che Said
- Let’s Get Lit – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Little Firecracker – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- With Liberty and Justice for All – Pattern Revolution
- Red White and Boom – seeLINDSAY
- Freedom Rocks – Happiness is Homemade
- ROCK the USA – Crafting in the Rain
- True North Strong & Free – BrooklynBerryDesigns
- Oh My Stars – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Patriotic Pinwheel – 100 Directions
- American and Canadian Flag Heart – Hello Creative Family
- Sweet Land of Liberty – Everyday Party Magazine
- Mermaid in the USA – Happy Go Lucky
- Canadian as Puck – The Simply Crafted Life
- Fireworks and Freedom – The Country Chic Cottage