With Summer approaching, the beach is my favorite place to be. Make the cutest beach accessories for the trip with these FREE Ocean SVG Files.
I have an almost 16-year-old son and I'd wear this in front of him just because it reminds me of when I was almost 16. It's either this or my bikini shirt so I consider either a great choice for embarrassment.
I love taking fun music or movie quotes and turning them into SVG files. A great one is my Dwight Schrute SVG or the Elf quote SVG for Christmastime. So, no, I don't think Kelly, Michelle, or Beyonce could handle wearing this shirt this summer, lol. But I definitely think you can pull it off!
Supplies for your homemade Beach T-Shirt
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
How To Apply Iron On Vinyl
Time needed: 10 minutes
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron-On Vinyl
After you've uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron-On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negatives of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You'll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer's instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
More Free Ocean SVG Files
- Sunny Days & Ocean Waves – The Country Chic Cottage
- Beach Please – The Kingston Home
- The Ocean is My Happy Place – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Sun – Hello Creative Family
- Free Hugs (Octopus) – Hey, Let's Make Stuff
- Shark & Little Fish – 100 Directions
- Turtle – Everyday Party Magazine
- Starfish Porch Sign – Happy Go Lucky
- I Don't Think You're Ready for This Jelly – seeLindsay
- Shell Yeah Beaches – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Sea the Good – Crafting in the Rain
- Salty – Mad in Crafts
- Happiness Comes in Waves – 30 Minute Crafts
- Crabby – Cutting Machine Crafting