Nothing is better than watching basketball with some delicious treats. Make this Onion Cheeseball Recipe and pair it alongside NABISCO crackers and some of the new Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola® to make it the perfect watch session.
We love watching all kinds of sports in our home but nothing is better than when it comes to the big tournament and filling out our brackets. We also love lots of food to go along with our sports watching so nothing is better than this Onion Cheeseball Recipe to enjoy at any get-together.
Pairing your game-day spread with some of the new Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola®. I love my Coca-Cola® drinks with lots of ice and this is reminiscent of some of the classic Orange Creamsicles I used to eat as a child. You can buy them in Zero Sugar as well!
Ingredients for your Onion Cheeseball
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Old English Cheddar Cheese Spread
- Green Onion
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Salt
- Sliced Almonds
- RITZ® Toasted Pita Crackers
- WHEAT THINS Snacks
how to roll your cheeseball in almonds to make them stay
It’s so easy! Bring your Cream Cheese to room temperature and then mix your other cheeses, the spices, and the green onions together. Form it into a ball and then roll in the sliced almonds.
To roll your onion cheeseball in the sliced almonds, lay some cling film down and then a layer of almond. Roll the ball around in the almonds to cover the outer edge of the cheese ball.
Use that same cling film and just wrap your Onion Cheeseball in a round shape and allow it to set in the fridge for about an hour. You can also place it in the freezer for 10 minutes if you’re in a hurry.
Before you are ready to serve, lay out some delicious RITZ® Toasted Pita Crackers and WHEAT THINS Snacks around the edges of your onion cheese ball. The crunch of the Toasted Pita Crackers and WHEAT THINS Snacks are a perfect compliment to the creaminess of the cheeses.
Onion Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1 jar Old English Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 4 green onion sprigs
- sliced almonds
- Combine everything except the almonds and form into a ball.
- Lay out some cling film and spread the almonds on it. Roll the cheese ball so that the outside is coated in the almonds.
- If you want it to look like a basketball, cut the green onion stalks and create strips, add them to the outer edges to create the lines like on a basketball.
- Wrap in the cling film and allow it to set in the fridge for an hour.
- Serve alongside your favorite crackers and vegetables.
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving - November 11, 2019
- Christmas Paper Wreath with the Cricut Explore Air 2 - November 6, 2019
- Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins Ornament or Shirt | 16 Free Christmas SVG files - November 5, 2019