With Christmas being a time where yummy Christmas desserts are offered, make these Oreo truffles and shape them as Snowmen. This Oreo truffle Snowman recipe is so simple and a perfect addition to your holiday party.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These Snowmen truffles are such a fun holiday treat. They pair well with any Christmas desserts you want to display. These Santa Hat cupcakes are a perfect companion to Frosty for your Christmas party. The upper portions of the snowman are fondant and really just for decorations on these truffles. To make them completely tasty and not overly sweet.
Supplies for your Oreo Truffle Snowmen
- Cream Cheese
- Food Processor or Ziploc Bag
- Edible Marker
- Orange Fondant
- White Candy Melts or White Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
Oreo Truffles are really easy to make and only require two ingredients. You can turn these into cake pops even. These would be perfect to make my Christmas Tree Cake Pops from last week.
You can use a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin or saucepan to crush your Oreo cookies. You want them to be really fine before mixing them with your cream cheese. I prefer a food processor but don't feel like you need to have one to make this Oreo Truffle Snowman.
After your Oreos are crushed, add in your room temperature cream cheese. Roll them into 1.5″ spheres and set them on a lined cookie sheet and place them in the fridge to set.
To make your Snowmen body, roll some fondant into smaller spheres. The bottom Oreo truffle is 1.5″ so make your middle sphere 1″ and the head .5″. I had some red and yellow fondant on hand so I just made orange fondant or you can buy it.
Fondant can be bought online from Amazon in small packages but I also know that Joann, Michaels, and Walmart all have it in their cake decorating aisle by the candy melts.
For the sake of pictures, I just made all the upper body out of fondant but it would be delicious to make the entire snowman body out of Oreo truffles.
After your Oreo truffles have set for about an hour, remove them from the refrigerator and place a toothpick in some melted chocolate and place in the top of the truffle. Set it in the fridge to set for another additional 30 minutes. You could also do this step at the very beginning to save you an extra hassle.
How do I assemble a Oreo Truffle Snowman?
Melt your Candy Melts or White Chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals. Dip your truffles in the chocolate and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place it back in the fridge and let it set up again.
Use an edible marker to draw the eyes and then coal buttons on your Oreo Truffle Snowman. Place your fondant on the head and then attach the pieces together with the toothpicks poking into each area.
Snowman Oreo Truffle Recipe
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz. approx. half a package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 6-7 oz. white fondant
- 1 oz. orange fondant
- Black food marker
- 8-10 Toothpicks
How to make Oreo Truffles
- Line a pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Place your Oreos into a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin. You’ll want very small pieces in order to facilitate the rolling of the truffles. I like to use a food processor but it is not necessary.
- Place your crushed Oreos in a bowl and add cream cheese. Mix and then shape into 1.5-inch spheres. Place gently on lined pan and refrigerate for about one hour.
Making your Snowman Truffles
- Once the truffles are chilled, remove from refrigerator and melt candy melts. To do so, place candy in a microwave-safe bowl and add coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted, mixing in-between each interval.
- Dip each truffle in the melted candy and coat evenly. Place back onto lined pan and poke a hole at the top with a toothpick. Refrigerate for 30 min.
Making the Snowman's Edible Decorations
- Roll 8-10 fondant spheres, about 1 inch in size. Roll another 8-10 fondant spheres, about ½ an inch in size.
- On the one inch fondant spheres, draw three buttons with your black marker. On the smaller spheres, draw 2 eyes. Add a triangular fondant piece in the middle, with your orange fondant. This will serve as the snowman’s carrot nose.
Putting the Snowman Truffle Together
- Remove truffles from the refrigerator. Assemble by inserting a toothpick through your 1 inch fondant sphere and then inserting it into the Oreo truffle. Top with snowman’s head. Repeat for each snowman and serve. Enjoy!