These free grandparent SVG files are perfect for the little ole' lady in your life. I love taking anything funny I see that resembles a movie I love and creating it into these free SVG files for you.
I don't knit but my grandma did, my great-grandma would embroider her own LDS temple clothing, my other grandma would crochet. These kind of activities are perfect when you can't always be jumping around anymore. So that's why these free grandparent SVG files to create fun items to gift and to help their supplies organized.
I like to have all my embroidery floss organized in my craft area and stashed away in the same bag/drawer so that I know where to find it each time instead of going to the craft store and buying new needles or hoops with each project.
Supplies for your Knitting Bag
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, or Silhouette Cameo
- Cricut EasyPress, Heat Press, or Iron
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding Tool
How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
- Cut your Iron-On Vinyl
After you've uploaded your design to your software, you will want to cut your Iron
–On Vinyl shiny side down and be sure the image is reversed. Your machine should not cut completely through the clear carrier sheet. You want your vinyl to have a “kiss cut” meaning it has cut through the vinyl but not the sheet it came on.
- How to Weed Iron-On Vinyl
Using a weeding tool or safety pin, remove all of the negatives of the
image. Leave the part of the image that you want on your carrier sheet so that the image will stay where it is supposed to.
- Prepare your surface
You'll want to preheat your clothing to get all the moisture out. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on what temperature you need to press at and whether or not you need to peel the carrier sheet off while it is still hot or has cooled down.
- How to Apply Iron On Vinyl
Again, read the manufacturer's instruction on what temperature you need to set your Heat Press or EasyPress on. The most common kind of Iron-On is called Siser EasyWeed. To apply to a cotton t-shirt, preheat your EasyPress to 305F degrees and press your HTV for 30 seconds. Remove while the carrier sheet is still warm.
- How to care for your garment after applying HTV
Wash your garment inside out and if you need to press, press it from the back. Hang dry or tumble on low heat.
More SVG Files for Grandparents
- Grandkids Make Life Grand from The Country Chic Cottage
- Fairy Grandmother from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Promoted to Grandma/Grandpa from Pineapple Paper Company
- My Favorite People Call Me Nana/Papa from Hello Creative Family
- Super Grandma from Hey Let's Make Stuff
- Best Grandma/Grandpa Ever from Happiness is Homemade
- Grandkids Make Life Grand from Everyday Party Magazine
- I Put the Grand in Grandma from Happy Go Lucky
- My Fingers Hurt from See Lindsay
- Grandma – Like a Mom With No Rules from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Grandma's Kitchen from Crafting in the Rain
- Love Them, Spoil Them, Give Them Back from Mad in Crafts
- Grandkids (The Best Part Of Growing Old) from Cutting Machine Crafting
Gift your grandma or grandpa some amazing homemade gifts from your kids. Grandparents are the best so these projects are really something they deserve and something that they'll treasure forever.
- Free Coffee SVG Files – Boom! Roasted - October 5, 2021
- Free Beer SVG Files – “It's What's For Dinner” - September 7, 2021
- DIY Back to School Banner with Cricut - August 13, 2021
Vivian Douglas says
would like emails
Vivian, add this item to your cart and then when you check out you will get the file then.